Talenza has partnered with one of Australia's leading banks to find them a Remediation Senior Project Manager The role:
- Project Manager - remediation
- Multiple roles - both perm and contract
- Contract: 6 months rolling contract - 2 years' worth of work. $1000 p/d
- Permanent: $150,000 - $160,000 plus bonus and competitive benefits
Huge pipeline of work but the immediate focus is working on a remediation project that is business critical and high profile to the business. This in one of the Banks most business critical projects with a huge budget! So, there is a huge opportunity to impress Senior Stakeholders and the wider business. There is guaranteed career progression for anyone who stands out and takes initiative. The role:
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of a remediation work-stream within this division's Program Delivery & Optimisation department. You will be dealing directly with Senior Stakeholders to ensure the project is delivered on time. The person:
- Proven track record in successfully leading and managing medium/large remediation projects
- You must have experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in a medium/large complex environment
- Excellent stakeholder management is a must with excellent communication skills
- Must have worked for a Bank or similar Financial Services organisation
If this role sounds like you, please apply NOW. Or for more information, please reach out to Amy Benton via LinkedIn
Senior Project Manager
Business Unit: Program Delivery & Optimisation, Consumer & Business Banking
Reports to: Program Manager, National Credit Code Remediation
Direct Reports: N/A
Indirect Reports: N/A
Date: 22 June 2021
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER WESTPAC GROUP PAGE 2
Who we are
Westpac Group has a rich heritage and offers employees a multitude of opportunities. We aim to attract the best people inside and outside of the business - building an organisation where the best talent thrives.
Our strategy and purpose
Westpac Group's purpose is Helping Australians Succeed. It's what we do, who we are and why we come to work every day. What's most important to us is understanding what success means to our customers and helping them get there. Our strategy seeks to deliver on this purpose by building deep and enduring customer relationships, being a leader in the community, being a place where the best people want to work and, in so doing, delivering superior returns for shareholders.
Our strategic priorities
1. Fix - Addressing our shortcomings by materially improving our management of risk and risk culture, reducing customer pain points, completing historical customer remediation program, and reducing the complexity of our technology.
2. Simplify - Returning to our core businesses of banking in Australia and New Zealand, including exiting some businesses and international locations. Rationalising products and simplifying processes to make it easier for customers.
3. Perform - Improving performance by building customer loyalty and growth through service, sharpening our focus on returns, and resetting our cost base. A strong balance sheet and engaged workforce form the foundations of performance.
Our values are what we believe in at Westpac Group. Our values are based around helping as it's at the heart of what we do. They are:
- Helpful - Passionate about providing a great customer experience.
- Ethical - Trusted to do the right thing.
- Leading Change - Determined to make it better and be better.
- Performing - Accountable to get it done.
- Simple - Inspired to keep it simple and easy
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER WESTPAC GROUP PAGE 3
Where our business is your business
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of a remediation work-stream within the Consumer & Business Banking division's Program Delivery & Optimisation department. The role responsibilities include:
- Project governance and management
- Scope definition and management
- Estimation and financial management
- RAID management
- Coaching and mentoring This role would suit an applicant who is experienced in delivering projects of medium-high complexity in a large organisation, with experience delivering customer remediation projects highly desirable. You will play an important and significant part in the future of a business that has been around for 200 years. Helping Australians succeed is our purpose - it is what we do, who we are and why we come to work every day. So, we will back you in the development of your career, with internal career prospects and flexible working. You will also be backed by a fantastic team of people in a can- do, supportive structure.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER WESTPAC GROUP PAGE 4
The responsibilities of your new position.
- Accountability - Taking action to ensure obligations are met, holding self and others accountable for behaviours and outcomes.
- Collaboration - Working with others to achieve shared goals, sharing knowledge and experience with others to achieve objectives.
- Analysis & Problem Solving - Analyse situations or issues, considering all options prior to recommending and implementing a solution.
- Stakeholder Management - Achieve outcomes by identifying and building effective stakeholder relationships.
- Planning & Organising - Develop, plan and organise, adjusting activities to achieve outcomes.
- Influencing & Negotiating - Positively influence and negotiate with others, creating acceptance and support for ideas and concepts.
- Communicates Effectively - Clearly present ideas and information to others, both written and orally. PROJECT MANAGER:
- Integration Management - Identify, coordinate, and integrate project management activities and processes.
- Scope Management - Define and control what is and what is not included in the project in terms of agreed deliverables.
- Scheduling - Manage the timely completion of the project - through defining and sequencing activities, effective estimation of resourcing & durations; development and controlling schedule.
- Financial Management - Estimate, budget and control costs so that the project can be completed within the approved budget.
- Resource Management - Identify, select and manage resources within and for a program or portfolio. Including resource supply and demand, utilisation and optimisation.
- Quality Management - Execution of the processes and activities that determine quality policies, objectives and responsibilities, so that the project will satisfy the needs for which it was undertaken within the organisation.
- Risk Management - Execution of the processes of conducting risk management planning, identification, analysis, response planning, monitoring and control of risks in a project. SCRUM MASTER:
- Team coordination - ensure teams operate to agreed team cadence and provide support to help teams reflect, learn and improve on their Agile practice.
- Dependency coordination - Support teams to ensure smooth collaboration among 'extended' team members where required and enable clear visualisation of dependency blockers.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER WESTPAC GROUP PAGE 5
- Track and manage team Visual Management Boards - Responsible for helping teams to maintain their team walls and keep them relevant over time to changing needs of the business.
- Continuous improvement - provide mentoring support to Product Owners and team members to refine their understanding of Agile practices.
- Support Product Owners in each team to engage, inform, influence and negotiate with stakeholders using product backlogs (prioritised based on value) as the basis for discussions.
- Work with the agile coach to ensure alignment to agile values principals.
- Daily Scrum Stand-ups - schedule daily scrum meetings with and ensure stand-up behaviours are observed.
- Agile implementation - lead teams in adopting Agile / Scrum practices via training and coaching.
- Manage team resources / capacity - develop and maintain a resource plan with each team, ensuring teams can clearly visualise resource dependencies [on other teams] across the quarterly release plan and within each sprint. Support teams to resolve capacity and resource issues in collaboration with Portfolio Director.
- Communication and Collaboration - facilitate team retrospectives and guide teams through process of agreeing actions to resolve issues rose.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER WESTPAC GROUP PAGE 6
Your work and skills
- Proven track record in successfully leading and managing medium/large projects and related teams with many of the following characteristics: o Indicative cost up to $20M o Project duration up to 18 months o Teams typically ranging up to 30 resources o Project Impact: Medium o Project Risk: Medium o Minimal sub projects / streams o Single end deliverable (more complex) o Up to 5 business areas affected o Medium reliance on external partners o Limited interdependency (up to 5 projects) o Management of diverse stakeholder expectations, across different business divisions
- 5 + years' leading and delivering project teams (minimum 3 years at Project Manager level / Scrum Master).
- 3+ years' experience working in a large and complex organisation.
- 3+ years' experience in the financial services industry.
- Delivering customer remediation projects highly desirable. EDUCATION
- Tertiary qualification.
- Certified Practicing Project Manager (via AIPM) and/or Project Management Professional (via PMI) accreditation highly sought.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) highly sought. KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Accurate project management (Finances, Status Reporting, Scope Management, Risk & Issues).
- Effective management of team (Surveys, regular meetings) both along the journey and at the end of the journey.
- Teams attend all standard sprint ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Reviews (Demo's), Sprint Retrospectives). Success will be when teams attend and drive these meetings even when Scrum Master or team leads are not present. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Project reporting manager
- People Leader
- Business unit and or project/program leadership team
- External partners/vendors involved in the project.
- Project Management Practice Lead
- Other business units as required e.g. Finance, Technology, Legal, Risk