Senior Manager - IT Support Services (EUC, ServiceDesk, Workplace Productivity)
Location: Sydney - Rhodes offices, with blend of flexible remote working
Salary: $130k-142k + Super
Our client, a leading financial services organisation is seeking an experienced IT Support Senior Manager to be accountable for its support services portfolio, which is encompasses IT End User Computing and IT Workplace Productivity Services, delivering exceptional customer experience, ease-of use across technology services, automation first and service improvement functions, across the organisation.
The role owns and drives the mission and vision for the teams to foster a customer first business-oriented culture and mindset through digitally enabled technology and continual service improvement techniques with a fast paced strategic roadmap, ensuring integration with the overall IT strategic plans whilst forward thinking and preparing for future challenges.
- Develop a world class customer experience that aligns to the businesses demands and changing needs, including partnering with suppliers to provide a seamless experience for the business
- Builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders and business executives to develop an understanding of business needs.
- Cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet needs and developing an agility to changing business priorities.
- Coordination, management and reporting of IT Workplace and Productivity Services matters.
- Assists the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive positioning, maintaining currency of new technologies and platforms to provide direction on assimilation, integration and introduction of new Workplace and Productivity technologies and capabilities
- Provide input into service agreements in the best interest of the organisation.
- Reviewing IT processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and simplicity for the business and meet control objectives as set out by GS007, ISO27001 and other financial industry regulations.
- Encourage an environment of openness and information sharing within the team, by implementing regular communication processes
- Manage the performance of team members by developing performance agreements, coaching and providing regular feedback on performance, and completing performance management processes within agreed timeframes
- Ensure that the business priorities are communicated for all tasks under your lead
- Leading a team of 20 support staff and championing the team involvement in innovation efforts and roles, experimenting with new solutions to advance business opportunities, with the core driving a superior customer experience in technology, streamlining processes and enabling automation for ease of customer use
- Driving the development of efficient streamlined IT processes and performance metrics, across service and support operations, to ensure value in team deliveries and exceptional customer service
- Ensuring that the IT Workplace and Productivity Services are fit for purpose and that systems are reliable, high performing, secure and readily available, including future proofing.
- Provide knowledge, training and information support to enable self-service
- Lead a one team culture across IT partners and the business.
Governance and Risk
- Monitor team performance to ensure tasks are completed within agreed SLA time frames and agreed client specifications.
Experience & Personal Attributes
- 2+ years of demonstrable high competency in IT Customer Workplace Support/Operations, Infrastructure Management or Delivery, while leading multiple teams
- A healthy familiarity with a Financial Services & Technology environments
- Sound understanding of frontline IT Workplace, Productivity, Customer Support, Infrastructure and Cloud Applications environments while implementing process improvements
- Strong business acumen and passion for current, new and emerging technologies to enable and rollout to the business to improve customer experience
- Implementation of frameworks and policies with the ability to measure
- Adaptability to working hours in order to meet business needs, with the requirement 24x7 support
- Governance of IT Workplace & Productivity Services that drives transparency, operational stability, financial sustainability and productivity.
- Identify and mitigate security risks and ensure IT security within IT Workplace service design and delivery
- Drive the onboarding and rollout of technology services according to the pre-defined roadmap
- Exceptional skills in influencing and driving change across the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations; uses and shares information resources effectively
- Ability to adapt communication techniques to suit the needs of different individuals
- Ability to priorities, organize and plan and to meet demanding deadlines
- Ability to lead a team through change and develop team members skills, while driving to achieve IT and Business goals
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner based on the information, experience and skills available
- Ability to recognize, lead and implement continuous service improvement opportunities
- 6+ years experience in a similar role.