Program Director - NSW Government
- Location:Sydney, New South Wales
Program Director - NSW Government
Location: Burwood, with some WFH flexibility
Rate: $1200 - $1400 per day
Contract Length: 6 months initially with likelihood to extend.
Note: Candidates must have prior industry experience (NSW Government).
We are currently seeking an experienced Government Program Director for our NSW Government client
Candidate must be experienced in Transformational change in a unionised environment, along with strong leadership and management skills, ideally in a civil infrastructure or rail environment.
Must be a Senior leader that has worked at a Program/Project Director Level:
- Understands blue collar world
- Business and system transformation & how it impacts operations
- Ability to negotiate with union stakeholders
- Project: Train Crew - How will operation changes based on Technology rollout, how will impact Sydney Trains staff
- Ability to work with Executive leaders
- Business case development experience
About the role:
The role involves driving and managing the delivery of safe, successful and compliant programs on time, on budget, to specified scope and maintain a reliable efficient passenger train service.
* Model good leadership, visible commitment and promotion of program to inspire direction and delivery, develop people, and drive change through whole program and project lifecycle.
* Work with all Stakeholders to identify roles to support the delivery of the Program strategy including the IR strategy and consultation plans. In particular working closely with Workplace Relations, Communications, People and Change and technical specialists and engaging working groups.
* Develop and manage the delivery of large scale multiple complex programs, building flexibility and commerciality into the program management and approach to ensure that the program can be clearly tracked for budget, schedule, resourcing, critical points of impact, cross over, sequencing, overall progress and the timely delivery of program outcomes
* Establish Customer and stakeholder strategy, integrate the needs and considerations from a client, customer, staff perspective with a sound knowledge and understanding of the project development to achieve timely and quality outcomes throughout the project phased in particular during procurement, design and delivery.
* Identify and coordinate program interdependencies, risks, variations and issues for successful program delivery within cost, time, quality and agreed scope and meets requirements.
* Drive effective governance, develop operating plans and coordinate interface solutions including the facilitation of delivery and resolution of associated issues across branch, function and agency.
* Coordinate and manage the Operational Integration activities required for the Program.
* Leading transformational change given the range of internal and external stakeholders, the potential resistance to change, the need for both structural and cultural change, together with industrial risks and issues.
* Coordinating and facilitating inter-agency works efficiently in a complex environment involving other government agencies and significant customer and heritage issues in ways appropriate to their high public profile and sensitivity
* Building and driving productive, collaborative and strong working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders and service providers to ensure best practice Program Management while delivering complex and difficult programs, particularly influencing at the senior level of the organisation to drive results which achieve the overall integrated objectives of the project and meet the customer needs.
* Negotiate and influence Deputy Executive Directors, and their respective managers/ teams, on the support for the development and delivery of key initiatives.
Key knowledge and experience:
* Extensive experience in the leadership and management of major civil works for major rail and/or civil infrastructure projects including understanding construction practices and OHS regulations
* Significant experience in the management of complex construction programs and projects including experience in the management of commercial contracts, agreements and deeds
* Experienced in strategic multi-modal transport planning, development and delivery, specialising in systems thinking, asset management, and the use of technology and innovation to achieve integrated, sustainable, and customer-centred outcomes
* Relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering, business management, built environment or demonstrated substantial industry experience in the delivery of major large-scale transport infrastructure related fields.
* Qualification in Program Management, change management or equivalent practical experience.
Talzenza are partnered with a leading services provider in the education sector, due to significant growth in the team, they are hiring a Security Program Manager. This role is focused 50% on working on existing projects within the...
Our client is looking for a Senior Project Manager to work on a large multi-year, organisation wide transformation program. The Program of work is non financial risk to embed across people, process and technology systems and is working in a dyn...
We are currently working exclusively with a Financial Organisation who are looking to hire a DevOps Lead.You will be part of helping scale & managing a team of 15+ DevOps engineers whilst working closely with the greater busi...
Talenza are partnering with a niche, boutique Superannuation firm who are due to embark on a large scale M+A Program and we are searching for two Project Managers to join the team. We are looking for Superannuation SMEs with some P...
Talenza have been engaged by one of Australia's leading financial institutions to find a Senior Business Analyst for a very exciting, greenfield Financial Crime program. As a Business Analyst you will be responsible for the gatheri...
Talenza are partnering with a reputable brand name within the Financial Services market in the search for a Business Analyst with a strong Technical background to play a critical role in a large scale Data driven Program of work. W...
Our client have an urgent need for a Senior IT Project Manager to work on the delivery of a payments/tokenisation project. It will be assist on this exciting project to deliver a SaaS based tokenisation solution which is being implemented.
Project Manager - Financial Services Risk & Regulatory FocusDay Rate PAYG or Pty Ltd Contract6-Month Initial Contract
I am partnering with a leading Financial Services organisation in the search for a Senior Business Analyst with a background in General Insurance to work on a long term Program of work. I am searching for a BA with a strong Commerc...
Talenza is supporting a leading bank in Brisbane CBD in finding a Project Coordinator to support their IT projects. Responsibilities Provide schedule management including tracking and ...
Talenza are partnering with a leading Life Insurance firm on a Senior Business Analyst role. The opportunity has arisen to join this collaborative and high performing team, working on a series of value adding rebrand initiatives as...
Talenza have been engaged by one of Australia's Big 4 Banks to find an experienced Business Analyst to join an exciting program of work within a great team. This is open to Sydney or Adelaide residents. The Role