Program Director - NSW Government
Location: 2 days Sydney CBD, 3 days remote
Rate: $1250 - $1450 per day
Contract Length: 12 months
Note: Candidates must have prior industry experience (NSW Government)
We are currently seeking an experienced Government Program Director to run a new digitisation program within our NSW Government client.
About the role:
- Provide visionary leadership and direction across the implementation of the digitisation program and related initiatives and projects to drive divisional performance and maximise value to the NSW government
- Provide expert advice and recommendations to stakeholders to facilitate effective decision making and achievement of objectives
- Develop and maintain strong external relationships to build consensus amongst key stakeholders
- Plan and provide executive leadership to the implementation of multiple, complex and integrated stakeholder engagement programs and initiatives to improve and enhance the perceptions and experience of stakeholders
- Provide executive leadership to a multidisciplinary team of specialists and effectively manage the budget and other resources to ensure the delivery of the digitisation program
- Implement and promote sound financial management practices and model the highest standards of financial probity for digital transformation program, projects and initiatives
- Oversee effective procurement and contract management, risk management and the corresponding implementation of effective governance arrangements for the program, projects and initiatives
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Significant Project and Program Management experience within NSW Government
- Strong leadership skills and extensive experience in project or program management
- Experience with stakeholder engagement across the most senior levels of government and with government committees
- Ability to inspire and motivate your team and actively contribute to achieving the team's business outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience writing reports, designing and delivering metrics to support positions
- Ability to develop and enhance collaborative and dynamic relationships with Government, private sector and industry partners.
- Embrace innovation with an ability to identify and implement process improvement.
- Relevant qualifications in program management, planning or a related discipline