- Location:St Leonards
- Salary:Up to AU$800 per day + + Super
Client: NSW Health
Job ID: NSWCJP00006302
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Length: 6-months (high chance of extension)
Daily Rate: $800 plus Super
Location: St Leonards
Reporting to the ICT Professional Services Category Lead, the Procurement Manager will be responsible for the effeective managemen of complex ICT procurment project processes from initiation through to contract execution and the effective influencing of stakeholders across NSW Health, primarily within eHealth NSW.
A key activity is the identification of innovative ways to bring value to NSW Health through procurement processes whilst ensuring full compliance with the NSW Government Procurement Policy Framework and NSW Health Goods and Services Procurement Policy in the initial sourcing activity as well as through the implementation of the contractual arrangements.
- Accountable for delivery of standard and complex ICT procurement projects and deliverables in high-value and high-risk procurements
- Manages guides and/or develops internal procurement projects
- Reviews data sets and proposed process changes to identify negative and positive impacts
- Effectively engage stakeholders and develop procurement strategies based on sound knowledge of business needs and supply markets and assessing the optimal approach
- Prepare procurement documentation, which is professional, well-structured and concise, uses appropriate language and contains relevant information for high value/ high risk projects and provide expert advice on the supplier evaluation and selection process and manage the process for high value/high risk projects
- Develop simple Total Cost of Ownership models for supply arrangements including differentiating between price and overall cost as part of the overall value assessment of supply arrangements
- Analyses requirements and works with NSW Health and industry stakeholders to create statements of requirements
- Directs and participates in procurement planning and service provider selection
- Awards contracts and provides feedback on the results
- Partner with business areas to prepare and plan the procurement negotiation strategy based on sound knowledge, research and structure and thoroughly investigate and research the key people, market, supplier, timing and risks for each procurement negotiation and set appropriate targets
- Applies risk management principles and applies guidance to cross functional projects on risk mitigation
- Oversees relationships with key potential service providers
- Considers ICT industry conditions, trends, opportunities and competition
Internal Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Effectively engage stakeholders and develop procurement strategies based on sound knowledge of business needs and supply and assessing the optimal approach.
- Develops procurement project requirements for complex ICT projects in conjunction with internal project stakeholders within eHealth.
Key Selection Criteria
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Excellent knowledge of NSW Government procurement policy framework (previous Governemnt experience)
- Working knowledge of NSW Health Goods & Services Procurement Policy
- Demonstrated tender management experience from a complex ICT projects environment
- Sound understanding of business process re-engineering, continuous improvement of systems and processes using analytical tools and frameworks
- Proven, results-based track record in agreed timeframe
- Understanding of contract law, fair trading, freedom of information and other applicable legislation
- Drafts, reviews and signs off contracts
- Works with legal team to negotiate terms and conditions
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including ability to have a customer focus and engage with senior stakeholders
- Able to organise and present (oral presentation and written reports) to senior stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication, both internally and with vendors
- Highly developed applied project management skills used to manage projects to agreed timelines and budget
Systems and tools
- Able to use Microsoft suite of programs to produce high quality documents, spreadsheets, presentations, flowcharts and diagrams
- Excellent knowledge of in-house procurement tools such as e-Tender system and contract management system
- At entry level, 3 + years of experience in public or private sector procurement projects
Qualifications and Accreditation
- Completed undergraduate and strategic procurement qualifications (or a business/law related discipline)
- CIPS accreditation (desirable)
If this sounds like you, please apply now!
Role: Senior Change AdvisorLength: 8-monthsDaily Rate: $800 - $900 plus SuperLocation: Parramatta/WFH Flex The ClientThe NSW Department of...
Our NSW Government client, are seeking a Senior Security Developer to work within SAP ERP as a Functional Consultant, specializing in GRC. The successful candidate will also have experience with ABAP and HANA.Role: Senio...
Role Title: Commercial ManagerStart Date: ASAPContract Length: 12 monthsPay: $1000-$1200/day + superHours: 8hr/day 40hr/week...
Our client, a NSW Government Department are seeking a Business Analyst to work across the Department with an array of stakeholders in order to design and develop documentation for a range of new business processes. This will involve working clo...
Role: Recruitment CoordinatorRate: $35 - $40 per hour plus SuperStart Date: ASAPLength: 8 MonthsThe ClientThe NSW Department of Education is the largest provider...