Client: ACT Government
Role: Integration Architect
Hourly Rate: $110 - $140 + super p/h
Location: Fully remote
Baseline Clearance Essential
Joining the Digital, Data and Technology Solutions (DDTS) division you will join the Design and Strategy Branch. The DDTS Architecture team is looking for an experienced, hands-on Integration Architect to join the team in defining the API/Integration strategy to integrate any system, any data source, and any device within a tight timeframe. This will also include the provision of training to all development team to maintain project deliverables and reduce costs.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with the cross-functional team to determine how best to implement the integration solution (patterns, style, performance, scalability, maintainability, etc.);
- Be the key escalation point for technical integration issues;
- Provide knowledge and guidance to the Centre of Enablement (C4E) and project team on Integration Patterns & MuleSoft best practices;
- Own end to end integration solution landscape and designs on the project;
- Knowledge of overall API-Management concepts & fundamentals and familiarity in defining overall API architecture, API implementations, integration and deployment, focusing on reusability;
- Provide strategic advice to agencies which guide towards a more connected architecture and ecosystem of platforms and services;
- Manage technical remediation and change requests that impact Integration, providing impact assessments and options papers; and
- Liaise with vendors, delivery partners, ICOE and directorates for resolving technical dependencies, issues and risks.
Professional / Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Systems Design (DESN 5) - Adopts and adapts appropriate systems design methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches, and ensures they are applied effectively. Designs large or complex systems. Undertakes impact analysis on major design options and trade-off. Makes recommendations and assesses and manages associated risks. Reviews others' systems designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology. Ensures that the system design balances functional and non-functional requirements. Contributes to development of systems design policies and standards and selection of architecture components.
- Software Design (SWDN 5) - Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate software design methods, tools and techniques; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Specifies and designs large or complex software components. Undertakes impact analysis on major design options, makes recommendations and assesses and manages associated risks. Specifies prototypes/simulations to enable informed decision making. Evaluates the quality of others' systems designs to ensure adherence to standards and identifies corrective action, if needed. Ensures that the system design balances functional, quality, security and systems management requirements. Contributes to development of organisational software design and architecture policies and standards.
- Systems integration and build (SINT 5) - Identifies, evaluates and manages the adoption of appropriate tools, techniques and processes (including automation and continuous integration) to create a robust integration framework. Leads integration work in line with the agreed system and service design. Monitors and reports on the results of each integration and build. Designs and builds integration components and interfaces. Contributes to the overall design of the service and the definition of criteria for product and component selection. Contributes to development of systems integration policies, standards and tools.
- Programming/software development (PROG 5) - Takes technical responsibility across all stages and iterations of software development. Plans and drives software construction activities. Adopts and adapts appropriate software development methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Measures and monitors applications of project/team standards for software construction including software security. Contributes to the development of organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for software development.
- Identifies individual objectives for quality customer service and high-end user experience with ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders; through collaboration, engagement, responsiveness and influence.
- Advanced analytical skills, particularly the ability to understand how issues integrate and to make rational judgements from available information.
- Take an innovative and holistic approach to service design and delivery for improved outcomes.
- Adaptability to changing circumstances and demands.
- Awareness of technical and business market trends and using this knowledge and expertise to enhance collective growth.
- Exceptional presentation skills for interaction with management and key stakeholders.
- Commitment to the implementation of the principles of ACT Respect, Equity and Diversity (RED) ACTPS values and principles, participative work practices, occupational health and safety and staff development and training.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years project experience in a hands-on technical leadership/ Integration Architect position;
- 3+ years' experience with MuleSoft platform;
- One or more current MuleSoft Certifications are preferred (MuleSoft Certified Developer - MCD, MuleSoft Certified Architect - MCA);
- Ability to make strategic decisions about designing enterprise integration solutions with Anypoint Platform, taking into consideration platform strengths and weaknesses;
- Extensive project experience, deep expertise in MuleSoft solutions and tools with real-world MuleSoft development experience who can develop complex projects on thier own;
- Experience with MuleSoft Anypoint Connectors, DataWeave, RAML 1.0;
- Applied knowledge of MuleSoft's three-layered approach to API-led connectivity (System, Process & Experience APIs);
- Knowledge of General integration patterns and how best they can be applied on the MuleSoft platform;
- Knowledge of MuleSoft Technical Architecture platform patterns and best practices;
- Knowledge of Modern-day technologies enabling DevOps (CI & CD processes) with the MuleSoft platform;
- Strong understanding of API Management concepts and capabilities (Security, Authentication, Policies, RESTful service design principles, Versioning, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement solutions within a diverse technical team of client, System Integrator partners, contractors, and internal teams
If this sounds like you, please contact Laurie at Talenza or APPLY today!