DevOps Engineer - Contract
- Location:New South Wales
- Salary:AU$800 - AU$900 per day
Senior DevOps Engineer (Contract)
Large Financial Services Client
Daily Rate: $800-900pd (inc. Super)
6 month contract likely to extend.
Sydney (flexability around working from home, other locations in Australia considered)
Our client, a leading financial services organisation is seeking a Contract DevOps Engineer to join it's team. Great environment where you'll get to play with the latest and greatest technology and also received free training to upskill youself. Busy pipeline of work with contract extensions and longevity in mind.
● Engaging in and improving the whole lifecycle of services - from inception and design,
through deployment, operation and refinement. Going beyond the "12-factor" app.
● Maintaining services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and
overall system health. The difference between SLAs and SLOs.
● Scaling systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by
pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
● Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
Must have qualifications:
● Infrastructure as Code tools - Ansible and Terraform
● Cloud tools - AWS
● Containerization tools - Docker, ECS/Kubernetes
● Unix/Linux operating system internals (filesystems, init, selinux)
● Networking technologies (TCP/IP, routing, VPN)
● Source control (Git)
● Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a
sense of ownership and drive.
● Ability to debug and optimise code and automate routine tasks.
● Other tools (Akamai, Datadog, StackStorm, PagerDuty, AppDynamics)